Our experienced rehabilitation team is committed to providing outstanding results and one on one quality of care. Residents are empowered through personalized programs to reach goals of increased independence and ability. Resident families are also encouraged to participate in therapy sessions and are provided caregiver education and hands on training.
Our physical therapy team works toward specific goals of achieving the resident’s highest functional level of independence with an emphasis on safety in home as well as the community. Physical therapy focuses on identification and rehabilitation of individuals with physical impairment and pain, as well as future injury prevention. Following evaluation, our experienced physical therapists develop an individualized treatment program as well as provide one on one care to the resident. The goal is to achieve safety in a variety of areas.
Areas of treatment focus may include:
- Increase strength and mobility in the body and lower extremities
- Increase motor control for a resident who has suffered a stroke or other neurological disorders
- Improve coordination, balance and ability to walk following a fracture or joint replacement
- Improve overall strength conditioning, range of motion and endurance
- Pain management
- Teaching proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- Promoting safety awareness for the well-being of the resident
Our professional occupational therapists use meaningful and task-directed activities in the treatment of our residents whose functional abilities, daily activities and independence have been impaired by illness, injury or aging.
Occupational therapy assists our residents in adapting to their social and physical environment by mastering tasks essential for daily living. Our occupational therapists may work with residents who have debilitating arthritic conditions or those with difficulty bathing, dressing as well as other activities of daily living. They assist residents with impaired vision and/or hearing to function well in their environment.
Areas of treatment may include:
- Functional independence: eating, bathing, toileting, homemaking, cooking, community integration, etc.
- Maintenance of wellness: dressing and grooming
- Prevention of further disability: home assessments and modifications, as well as training in adaptive equipment
- Increasing safety awareness in home setting and community
- Energy conservation strategies during self-care tasks
Our speech therapists provide high quality clinical services to individuals with cognitive communication and swallowing disorders. Intervention programs are individualize and designed to assess and treat individuals with language, speech, swallowing and cognition related problems affected by stroke, neurological disorders and other complex medical conditions.
Intervention services to residents may include:
- Improving speech intelligibility and voice quality
- Improving cognitive-communication and receptive-expressive communication skills
- Improving swallow function and swallowing ability thereby reducing the chances of choking or inhaling food and/or liquid
- Resident and family/caregiver education and training in managing ongoing cognitive-communication and swallowing difficulties